Reports to: Vice President https://www.linkedin.com/in/burton-metz-817b8528/
The Industrial Specialist is responsible for sourcing and underwriting new industrial development, leases, & acquisition opportunities. This will include coordination with the Wangard team members while securing entitlements and approvals, budgeting, design, financing and construction management. The Industrial Specialist will also be responsible for executing the marketing and leasing strategy for Wangard’s existing industrial real estate portfolio by overseeing the entire leasing process start to finish. Successful individuals will use a variety of networking channels to build relationships to support of the Company’s growth strategy – direct clients, brokerage houses, financial institutions, government agencies, industry events, and other stakeholders to identify potential opportunities. A good understanding of macro and micro economic situations that may impact our portfolio is critical to ensure we position our assets accordingly.
Wangard Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Experience and Qualifications
- Drive deal flow and growth of the industrial real estate portfolio by:
- Securing site locations, primarily in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois that are aligned with Wangard’s development and acquisition goals.
- Securing on and off market acquisition opportunities with primary emphasis on sale-lease backs and one or two tenant buildings.
- Securing Build to Suit and tenants for the vacant spaces in our developments and existing portfolio.
- Evaluate all leads that come in, analyze comps and determine AS IS and AS improved value of subject property.
- Create a working excel model exhibiting leads, comps, and GO/NOGO process for each.
- Identify and analyze the major risks affecting an investment opportunity.
- Develop relationships with local companies, leaders, and municipal officials to further understand different industrial opportunities and develop a strategic growth plan for each.
- Identify economic and market specific performance indicators within existing and potential markets. Create a database containing this information to be shared with leadership.
- Participate in due diligence process with development team and asset manager to include onsite valuation and repair and upgrade estimates.
- Participate in inspections on all properties with property manager and asset manager.
- Coordinate with marketing to target appropriate companies and monitor success of marketing tools and social media for each space. Coordinate marketing materials for all available spaces.
- Field inbound leads from all brokers and prospects within 24 hours.
- Cold call local companies and leaders to generate industrial acquisition and development pipeline. Document process and create contact list with details for reference.
- Ensure spaces are lease ready across the portfolio with property management and asset management team.
- Complete the initial feasibility analysis of acquisitions and assist in the financial analysis of the developments.
- Underwrite the credit and put together summary of the tenant.
- Put together recommendation and summary of the acquisition and development opportunities for the Acquisition Committee and Leadership Team.
- Skill set must span a range including technical, planning & organizing, negotiating, procurement, analytical, and interpersonal. Must be able to facilitate continuous improvement within the function and across the organization with effective communications and relationship-building.
- Goal-Oriented: Demonstrates a track record of meeting and exceeding goals via planning and execution. Able to work independently and achieve the Company goals.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness even in difficult circumstances. Looking to solutions if encounter an initial “no” if it meets the Company’s and individual’s strategy.
- Experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of a commercial real estate acquisition including, but not limited to, term sheet and contract negotiation, underwriting, due diligence, financing, and closing
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, etc.).
- Track record of business development in the industrial facilities or industrial real estate industry is preferred
- Ability to align organizational activities to strategic goals.
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate concerns in a concise and timely manner.
- High degree of detail orientation and conscientiousness concerning the timely completion of assignments.
- Willingness and ability to contact potential tenants and purchasers.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of work product.
- High degree of credibility and confidentiality.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Minimum of five years of Property Leasing and/or Development is required.
- Real Estate salesman or broker’s license is required
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 30 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
This position is a full-time salaried position. This position requires the availability to work some nights, and weekends. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events.
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization