Property Manager - Commercial
Reports to: SVP of Property Management (
The Commercial Property Manager (CPM) is a position responsible for maintaining and increasing the values of the Company’s real estate investments, ensuring the performance of the properties through detailed budgeting, oversight and maintenance of the buildings and systems and superior tenant relations. The CPM will have oversight and direct management responsibilities for a portfolio in excess of 500,000 SF of Office, Industrial, and Retail space located in Southeastern Wisconsin. The CPM must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a collaborative team environment.
Wangard Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Manage the operating expense reconciliation process and report any variances.
- Perform periodic inspections and coordinate the maintenance and repair of all building systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, interiors, structures, roofs, etc.
- Prepare, submit and manage property budgets.
- Manage all facility-related operating and capital budget activities, including management and oversight of the invoicing process.
- Review and maintain the operating and maintenance contracts for all assigned properties; obtain competitive bids as needed utilizing Wangard’s preferred vendors.
- Prepare a monthly operating status report regarding operations, maintenance, engineering, construction, leasing status, budgets, capital improvements, special projects and any outstanding issues.
- Attend planning sessions to identify redevelopment issues.
- Act as primary contact with property owners and asset managers to ensure building goals and objectives are being met.
- Adhere to AR collections policy by collecting rent, preparing required legal notices and coordinating legal action as necessary.
- Ensure the repair, maintenance and service operations optimize short- and long-term operating costs and maintain the integrity of the asset.
- Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Respond to tenant needs, review work order activity and follow-up and prioritize as appropriate in conjunction with Wangard’s Director of Maintenance Operations and Tenant Services Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with regional initiatives and required local, state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities.
- Coordinate all budgeting activities with accounting division within the company.
- Record all Wangard contracts with properties, vendors, contractors, or any outside party in Wangard’s filing system and update appropriately.
- Comply with all Wangard handbook policies as well as department policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Professional Experience
- Contribute, actively participate and collaborate in a team focused environment.
- Produce accurate work.
- Able to prioritize effectively to accomplish work tasks timely.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to the Company’s success and growth.
- Self-motivated; works independently; knows when to ask questions; makes informed decisions.
- Can identify problems/issues and participates in problem resolution as appropriate for job level.
- Effectively and efficiently manages workload with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Is flexible and adaptable to meet changing priorities and workload.
- Creates a positive work environment by fostering teamwork, supports internal customers.
- Seeks and is open to feedback; interested in development discussions and displays willingness to improve.
- Willing to be accountable for one’s own actions.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have proficiency reading and writing the English language.
Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years’ of experience in commercial property management. Bachelor’s Degree in facilities management, business, real estate, engineering or a related field preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
This position is a full time, exempt. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 30 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability
to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization