Vice President of Investor Relations
Reports to: Burton Metz, Vice President
Wangard Partners is a growing multi-entity real estate company that partners with high net worth, family offices, and institutional investors to acquire, develop, and manage multifamily, industrial, retail and office properties.
Wangard Partners practices prudent risk management and has strong financial alignment with our investment partners. While we are constantly evaluating investment opportunities, we are highly selective in the projects we undertake. This creates an attractive alignment of interests with our investment partners.
Wangard is seeking a detailed and energetic individual to fill the role of Vice President of Investor Relations. This position will report to the Vice President.
This position shall be responsible for obtaining external funds for Wangard Partners, Inc.’s development activities and acquisitions through developing and fostering relationships with existing and new investors. The Vice President of Investor Relations shall be responsible for developing a list of high net worth, institutional investors, and family offices prospects and then establishing a relationship where investment opportunities are presented to the new prospects.
As part of the responsibility for obtaining external funds, the Vice President of Investor Relations will assist in the creation of pertinent information for offering memorandums. This role should also be responsible for obtaining information as far as the expected preferred returns and the internal rate returns. This information will be used to develop executive summaries and FAQ’s about each real estate project. This position shall also provide the leadership team at Wangard with guidance as far as the type of real estate that investors are seeking, including but not limited to geographic and product type.
Wangard Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Education and experience:
- Identify and develop new relationships with family offices, institutional investors, and high net worth investors. Develop plan to introduce new investors into the Wangard investment portfolio.
- Lead efforts to source equity from new investors for new developments and acquisitions.
- Continuously build and manage the investor pipeline in a highly disciplined, systematic manner.
- Lead in the creation of marketing packages for prospective investors that summarizes an overview of Wangard Partners and historical returns.
- Create and distribute executive summaries for new acquisitions and developments to prospective equity investors. This document summarizes the overall thesis underlying each real estate transaction. The overview describes real estate fundamentals, summarizes the project design, describes the competitive landscape, summarizes anticipated project costs, and outlines project capitalization.
- Work with investor relations team in coordinating and planning events for prospective and existing investors.
- Craft investor-targeted messaging and Q&A responses –analyze for trends and anomalies worth highlighting.
- Represent Wangard Advisors at events and functions.
- Respond to investor queries.
- Manage Investor Relations Coordinator.
- Other duties as requested and developed by the Vice President.
The position will report directly to the Vice President. The following describes the ideal experience and attributes a successful candidate will offer:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree required. Emphasis in Finance, Economics, or Real Estate preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Multifamily residential, commercial, and industrial real estate experience required.
- 8-10 years of work experience in institutional fundraising (endowments, foundations, pension funds, funds of funds, family offices, etc.) and business development.
- Superior relationship building, communication, and presentation skills.
- Superior customer services skills.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Sharefile and Investor portals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate concerns in a concise and timely manner.
- High degree of detail orientation and conscientiousness concerning the timely completion of assignments.
- Desire to take ownership and responsibility for work product.
- Responsive team player with the ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks.
- Exceptional degree of credibility and confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 30 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
This position is a full-time salaried position. This position requires the availability to work some nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation at all company functions and events.
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization