Lead Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Property Manager/Director of Maintenance Operations
Wangard Partners is seeking a qualified candidate to join our Property Management team as a Lead Maintenance Technician. As a Lead Maintenance Technician with Wangard Partners, you will focus on maintaining the physical integrity of the property. The Lead Maintenance Technician assists with all aspects of the property’s maintenance including the physical grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency.
- Serve as a role-model for maintenance staff by following all policies and procedures.
- Supervise and/or perform all work necessary to quickly bring vacated units to rent ready condition.
- Working with the property manager, develop high-quality on-site maintenance teams through implementation of effective training, motivation, goal setting, and coaching programs.
- Communicate effectively with residents, guests, visitors and staff.
- Conduct all community maintenance work, service requests, punch lists, building inspections, preventative maintenance, and cleaning.
- Ensure that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner.
- Communicate concerns of the community with Property Manager.
- Prepare maintenance reports and other job-related documentation.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools and supplies.
- Present an appearance appropriate to the image of the community.
- Follow company polices and best practices.
- Additional tasks or duties assigned by supervisor.
The Maintenance Technician must have the ability to install, service, replace and repair the following items in a responsible and professional manner that meets industry standards. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Vinyl and ceramic flooring covering
- Wall molding
- Countertops and cabinets
- Window Screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, breakers, switches and fuses
- Light Fixtures
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers
- Toilets, sinks, vanities and disposals
- Clean and inspect common area boilers and storage rooms
- Stair treads and cove base
- Gutters down spouts and connecting hoses
- Minor drywall damage
- Removing bulk trash (including appliances)
- Cleaning drains and sewer lines up to 4”
- Landscaping and grounds management
- Rodent Control
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the basic proficiency of reading and writing the English language
- Minimum of three years full time maintenance experience
- Willingness to perform all required tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits
- Ability to professionally represent the company
- Supply basic tools (see tool list).
- Maintain a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
- Participate in after-hours call rotation.
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. Specific vision requirements include the ability to use close vision; distance vision; color vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
A minimum of three years of experience as a Maintenance Technician. The position requires the ability to deal well with people and exhibit strong leadership skills. Evidence of leadership qualities must be exhibited with the region, the company and/or the industry.
This position is a full-time hourly position. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
Wangard Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.